Visiting the Hemicycle in Brussels during coronavirus
We are happy to welcome you to the Hemicycle of the European Parliament! You can visit the impressive plenary chamber that is used for the European Parliament’s largest and most important debates.
Hygiene measures during a visit
In order to ensure a safe and pleasant visit for everyone, visitors are kindly asked to observe the following measures:
- Disinfection gel is available at the entrance and throughout the circuit. Visitors are encouraged to make use of it throughout their visit.
- A security check is carried out upon entry.
- There is an unsupervised self-service cloakroom at the disposal of visitors. Nevertheless, visitors are kindly asked to travel as lightly as possible.
- Individual visitors will be offered portable multimedia guides throughout the entire visit. In order to reduce the risk of contamination as much as possible, disposable earpieces are available to each visitor. However, we strongly encourage visitors to bring their own personal earphones. Multimedia guides are disinfected at the hand out. If you prefer you can also download the content of the multimedia guide before the start of your visit on your personal device. The app 'EP Visit' is available on the Apple Store and Google Play.
- All equipment and material (like multimedia guides) as well as the public sanitary facilities and other sensitive areas (handles, doors) are cleaned on a regular basis.
What else can be done to protect yourself and other visitors?
- If visitors feel ill or had a recent contact (within the last 14 days) with an ill person, the visit should be postponed.
- Visitors should wash their hands often with soap and water.
- Visitors should cough or sneeze into a new paper handkerchief each time and throw it away in a closed garbage can. In the absence of a paper handkerchief visitors should cough or sneeze into the inside of their elbow.
For more information about the COVID-19 virus and prevention measures in Belgium, go to www.info-coronavirus.be.
The European Parliament is monitoring the situation in real time and will adapt its measures accordingly.